2015 Environmental Commission Summary
1. Anti-idling Program – we had a contest for the middle school students that resulting in an anti-
idling magnet which was distributed to the students in the Caldwell West Caldwell School
District. January – April 2015.
2. The Commission applied for an open space grant from ANJEC to develop a pollinator garden at
an open space property. March 2015.
3. We held a Pollinator workshop for the community on April 2015.
4. Our annual Earth Day / Arbor Day was on May 3. We had 100 people participate – included
were representatives from.
5. We partnered with Caldwell University students to a clean-up of our local open space
6. There 3 Freshmen Caldwell University – volunteer days at the Personate property as well as a
Day of Service in September.
7. Paver Installation Day at Pollinator Garden.
8. Meadow Seeding Day at Pollinator Garden.